Thoughts about java, ruby, agile and other every developer stuff.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Django first meeting ;)

Ok I finished bootstrap meeting. It's time to look at django framework. Some years ago I try python, and I think it's worth knowing. Let's see django.

Django requires python 2.3+ so I check my machine.

pedro@pedrowaty: ~ -V
Python 2.4.4

Bingo. Let's follow installation instruction, get django tarball.

pedro@pedrowaty: ~ wget http://www.djangoproject.com/download/0.95.1/tarball/
tar xzvf Django-0.95.1.tar.gz
cd Django-0.95.1
sudo python setup.py install

Also I read that this don't work with python 2.5, luckily I’ve got 2.4.4 ;)

Next I followed this instruction

I follow this tutorial 1 and what can I say? It's easy as RoR. So the trip just begin, I couldn't do my test app with this framework because of my home-life. But I’m sure the next meeting is coming as quick as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home